Due to the nature of our business social distancing is not much of a problem and at the moment there are very few dogs that need services. Key workers and vulnerable are main priority. The main issue we have is that, if someone with coronavirus has coughed or sneezed on our dogs, they might be able to carry it onto someone else.
To help prevent any spread of the virus there are some procedures we have in place to prevent any cross contamination: - Before and after collection and drop off we use hand sanitizer.
- If we need to enter a home we will use a face mask and not touch anything unnecessarily.
- If clients are home we will knock on the door and stand back or go into the garden for secure hand over.
- We will use our own leads.
- Before dogs enter the vehicle they will get wiped down with a clean damp cloth and lightly sprayed with dog safe viral disinfectant.
- While in the vehicle they will have their own allocated crate to for the day and after drop off the bedding will be swapped and crate cleaned with disinfectant.
- Before drop off we will wipe down with a damp cloth and lightly spray with dog safe viral disinfectant. For Daycare and Boarding
- On arrival please ring the doorbell on the middle gate and release your dog into the gated area. I'm usually outside waiting for you.
- Before entering our home I will wipe down with a warm damp cloth and lightly spray with dog safe viral disinfectant.
- Dogs will usually be walked from base. But if taken in the vehicle will have their own allocated crate for the day. Bedding changed and crate disinfected once not needed any more.
- We will use our own leads so you can take yours back with you for later.
- Before departure we will wipe down and disinfect before your arrival and wait in the gated area in preparation (not alone). Please give an accurate estimated time you will be collecting when you drop off. The dog safe disinfectant I am using is Leucillin Antiseptic Skin Care Spray And petsafe Zoflora or Formula H for crates and surfaces. We will be trying our best to help prevent the spread of the virus while continuing to provid our service.
Please let me know in advance if anyone in your household is showing any symptoms. If there is anything else you would like to know or think we need in place. Georgina.